Friday, August 29, 2008
Parents' Day
This week my parents came for a visit. They stayed in a dorm & ate in a cafeteria! They were impressed by the food, but not so much by the dorm beds.
But that's OK. Nobody is much impressed by the dorm beds.
I worked some of the time- they sat in rocking chairs and read on porches. Worried that I might be a neglecting hostess, I came up with fun activities for them to do while I worked. Blackberry picking? Take the sailboat out? They were content to sit and read, though. Later in the afternoon, we went to Star Island. Hiked around. Looked in the museum. Read some Unitarian hymns in the chapel. (Mom: "not one of these hymns mentions Jesus!" Dad: "maybe we should join up!")
We watched a group of young boys attempt to outdo each other in a cannonball competition off the dock, and a group of (drunk?) 30-somethings attempt to play boccie down a very steep hill. Then we played some horseshoes. Nobody kept score (but I'm pretty sure Dad won).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment